Summer is right around the corner, and we’re making a splash at CORTAC Group with our latest employee spotlight! We love featuring our top-tier team, and jump at the chance to share their stories.
We’d like to take this opportunity to welcome our newest addition to our Leadership Team: Ted Corbett!
Ted Corbett will be joining us as our new Sr. Director of Insights and Technology. He has a long history of delivering success in the world of analytics. From working as the Director of Analytics at Seattle Children’s Hospital to starting his own analytics firm, Ted knows the ins-and-outs of transformative insights technology. And now, he’s bringing his expertise to our clients’ most impactful initiatives, helping them to grow their businesses, connect with new audiences, and discover fresh ways to leverage their data.
We couldn’t be more excited, so without further ado…
Let’s welcome Ted Corbett to the team with an employee spotlight!
Briefly describe your role at CORTAC Group
- Sr. Director of Insights and Technology. Bringing together all of the people, processes, and tools of CORTAC Group. Leveraging analytical tools to help bring deeper insights to our clients.
How did you learn about CORTAC Group?
- I saw a CORTAC job posting on LinkedIn. I knew a former colleague, Tom Williams, worked here and discovered David Overcash did as well. I was a client of David’s about 10 years ago in my role as the Director of Analytics at Seattle Children’s Hospital.
Before working at CORTAC Group, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
- My wife loves to make fun of the wide variety of jobs I’ve had in my life. I was a shoe salesman, a construction laborer, a consultant, a replenishment spares buyer of the HAWK missile system for Saudi Arabia, an entrepreneur, a landscaper…several others.
What are three words to describe your approach to work?
- Analytical, fun, committed.
Now that COVID-19 restrictions are starting to ease, where do you want to go once everything is open again?
- Everywhere I haven’t been. We had a family trip planned for Indonesia last summer we had to cancel. Would love to be able to go back to Whistler to ski or to the Caribbean for some sun and fun. I’d love to go anywhere with my family.
What would people never guess you do in your role?
- Some would be surprised how much I can code. Others surprised by how little I actually code.
If given the chance, who would you like to be for a day?
- Someone with a giant yacht in the Mediterranean.
How do you define success?
- Doing interesting work with interesting people while maintaining time and space to enjoy my kids as they grow up.
Best song that fits your personality?
- Sandstorm by Darude – funny enough, the last song at my wedding 17 years ago. Starts calm…builds to a crescendo and is fun as heck.
If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- I’d love the ability to fly. I love to go different places as often as possible and flying would make it much easier.
In five words or less, what advice do you have for those pursuing a similar career path?
- Be technical, keep it simple.
Join us in welcoming Ted Corbett to the team!
A huge thank you to Ted for taking the time to participate in this employee spotlight! Hopefully this gives you some insight into our new Sr. Director of Insights and Technology. Everyone, give a warm welcome to Ted Corbett! Can’t wait to see where you take our Insights practice.
Check out Ted’s LinkedIn profile here