At CORTAC Group, we’ve kicked off the new year with fresh perspectives and positive change. As always, we started with our team.
We couldn’t be more excited to announce that Jerry Leishman has been promoted to Executive Vice President and National Security & Compliance Director!
Jerry has been instrumental in positioning CORTAC Group as a recognized leader in end-to-end cybersecurity solutions that are “right-sized” and cost-optimized for companies in the defense industrial base. His team works hard to help our government partners achieve compliance, protect the defense supply chain, and make our nation more secure.
Let’s get to know Jerry Leishman with an employee-spotlight Q&A:
As EVP of Regulatory Business Advisory, what does your role entail?
- My role is to build a profitable business for CORTAC. So, in 2021, I’m focused on continuing to win customer security & compliance engagements, while scaling our services to drive revenue and profitability.
What drew you to CORTAC originally? And how has CORTAC changed since?
- At the time, CORTAC was primarily in the U.S. Federal arena, so senior leadership understood my business case and quickly embraced my vision. Since then, I’ve seen CORTAC expand national market presence and awareness. With marketing investments, operational excellence, and collaborative sales motions, the opportunities are growing, and closure rates are increasing.
You were recently selected to be one of the first CMMC Assessors – how has this helped you better serve our clients?
- I have been a volunteer on the CMMC AB Standards Workgroup for the last year, developing practical assessment content that enables organizations to implement the CMMC Model. And, as one of the first 100 Provisional Assessors, I understand what CMMC assessors will be looking for – so I can better help my customers protect themselves.
Around CORTAC, you’re known not only for heading up our Compliance practice, but also consistently speaking at major cybersecurity events. What’s been your favorite event experience thus far and why?
- I did over 20 local and national webinars last year. But my favorites are the webinars in the Pacific Northwest, where I live. Through partnerships with the Pacific Northwest Defense Coalition (PNDC) and Impact Washington, I’m able to connect with organizations and people that live and shop near me. Smaller organizations like to know their suppliers and look them in the eye. Now (after COVID), I can meet them for coffee. So being local gives us an advantage.
What are your hobbies outside of work?
- I am an avid fly fisherman, played competitive soccer in college (and recreational nowadays), and am active with my 4 grandkids: coaching their soccer teams, teaching them how to fish, and wrestling on the floor.
How do you define success?
- Having fun with a group of people working toward a common goal. That is how I have built our RBA team: with folks who have a passion for helping the US and small businesses meet the challenges of security and compliance. My goal is to be a trusted advisor and advocate for every organization that we help. (The ultimate measure of success is to get invited to their Christmas party.)
What TV show or movie are you ashamed to admit you love?
- The Bachelor – I love to see how personal dynamics are involved in navigating relationships.
If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- Be very effective in my communications at work, at home, and with kids. It is a hard job to be an effective communicator the first time with all the emotions, desires, and experiences between people. It would save me a lot of time rewriting emails every day. ?
In five words or less, what advice do you have for those pursuing a similar career path?
- Be strategic and gain experiences.
Please join us in congratulating Jerry Leishman on his promotion! As a CMMC Assessor, Registered Practitioner, and industry thought leader, Jerry is helping to propel CORTAC offerings into best-in-class solutions for our new and existing clients.
Interested in securing your organization? Learn more on our Compliance webpage, or reach out directly to Jerry Leishman: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can check out Jerry’s LinkedIn profile here