Over the past few months, we have watched the world transform before our eyes. Companies are having to adapt more quickly than ever before, becoming digital in ways no one could have imagined prior to COVID-19. At CORTAC Group, we are forced out of our comfort zone. But we do what we must: Roll up our sleeves and evolve with the world.
Despite the mayhem caused by this virus, we continue to grow…and we couldn’t be more grateful. With this growth, we keep evolution at the core of all that we do – from our approach to tackling projects to new hires.
Speaking of, we are very excited to announce our most recent addition to the leadership team: Chris Perino!
Chris is serving as our new Director of Analytics and Technology. He has years of experience leading technical teams at Fortune 500 companies, including Starbucks and Expedia. We couldn’t be more excited to leverage his skills and experience as our company continues to grow!
Beyond work, Chris has led an exciting life. From his love of music to his former life of skydiving and racing motorcycles, he’s surprised us at every corner. He was also kind enough to answer some employee-spotlight questions to help us get to know him better.
Without further ado, here’s the employee-spotlight interview:
Briefly describe your roll at CORTAC Group.
- My role boils down to two main components: leading a team of technology and analytics experts, and also helping to build and evolve a world class reporting and analytics practice.
What brought you to CORTAC?
- First and foremost, the people. This is a group I want to be around, work with, and build something truly great. Also, I found the work to be intriguing – very unique from my past experience.
You’ve been with us for 3.5 days. That’s a TON of time – what’s been your favorite part?
- Again, the people. Everyone has been very welcoming and generous with their time.
What are three words to describe your approach to work?
- Direct, honest, thoughtful
You’re joining our team during the COVID-19 Stay Home order. Is it strange not meeting anyone from the office in person yet?
- Yes, that’s been the only weird part of this job. I am much more comfortable being around and interacting with people face-to-face. But this is a hurdle we can all get through together.
Word is you really enjoy exploring the outdoors – got any favorite PNW hikes?
- The Wonderland Trail is by far my favorite hike – 93 miles that wrap around Mt. Rainier. I love it so much I’ve done hiked it four times…usually takes me around 5-7 days to complete. Climbing Mt Rainier is a close runner up, but that’s a little more than a hike.
If you could choose a real-life mentor, who would it be?
- My Grandfather – he was my rock growing up and taught me about how to conduct myself in all aspects of life.
What inspires you?
- My daughter – she’s my “why” in everything I do. I want her to live life to the fullest, to know that life isn’t about ‘stuff’, but about experiences and the people your surround yourself with.
Best song that fits your personality?
- Not one song but most of Motown music.
If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- Time travel – I want to go back and look at what really happened. To see how the past shaped the future.
In five words or less, what advice do you have for those pursuing a similar career path?
- Stay curious and think differently.
We love getting to know Chris as he joins our team – and excited to meet him in person when the time comes! A huge thank you to Chris for being open and agreeing to be featured in this employee spotlight – we know it’s different joining the team while we’re all remote. Can’t wait to meet you in person and see how you help our team evolve!
Check out Chris’ LinkedIn profile here